Thursday, October 06, 2005

Welcome to My World


Something calls me to Kona.

It has brought me here 11 times for the Ironman and other times for shorter races. Hawaii, with its hot lava, warm ocean water and gentle nighttime air – is more than just a special place on the earth -- it’s a place that is ever-present in the hearts and minds of triathletes around the world.

If you’ve ever been to the Ironman to race or to watch, you know what I mean. If not, do so.

I am sure that what calls me here is a part me, part island, part race and part something much bigger than all of those things.

During this year’s annual pilgrimage to Hawaii, I’m going to keep a journal. A photographic and text UNEDITED journal to post my thoughts and images. I’ve learned quite a few things from the past 10 Ironman Hawaii Triathlons – I hope to shed some light for my fellow triathletes, both new and experienced, on this event.




To email this, or any of the Ironmitch blog posts to a friend, just click here or click the small envelope located on the right below any post... it's fast and easy! Spread the word...

~