Monday, November 28, 2005

Sorrowful Inspiration

A reflection from Monica Widdig of Cincinnati, OH:

I happened to be visiting New York City this past weekend, the same weekend of the New York City Marathon. On Monday, the day after the marathon, we decided to visit the site of the World Trade Center. Here I found someone's medal hanging on the fence that surrounds Ground Zero. I was extremely moved at the sight of Ground Zero, reflecting upon the losses that had taken place four years ago. Upon seeing the medal I was moved to tears. As a fellow athlete, I could relate to dedicating a race for someone or something. I always dedicate my races for something other than my own selfish motives. This gives me an inner strength to draw from. I thought you might use the picture. Maybe your readers may draw some inspiration from it, as I did.


~