Saturday, October 22, 2005

Your Thoughts

A special thank you to everyone who is reading this blog, and thanks for forwarding the link to your friends around the world.

I love reading your mail, so keep it coming - send your thoughts, stories and reflections to: mthrower@triathletemag.com

Here are a few of the e-mails I've received in the past two weeks about the blog:

(And I'm going to keep blogging about Ironman, triathlon and life for the next year - so stay tuned, and stay in touch!)
-----------------------
From: Guido Geis
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:48 AM
To: mthrower@triathletemag.comSubject: IM blog

Mitch,
Holy *&%$$! – I always got goose bumps reading your blog the last two weeks.
Well, I don´t know what to say, but to be honest: THIS IS IT!
Originally I didn't want to mail you because I thought there were too many others writing; just another crappy mail. But after all, I'm really psyched about the different viewing angles of your blog.
The pics are the most exotic – who wants to see any more pictures of Faris or Welchy! This is what´s really going on in most of the hearts of people who inhaled the spirit.
Keep blogging – you are THE MAN!
A big MAHALO from Germany
GG
-----------------------



Hey Mitch,
Congrats on your race. Made it out on Friday to see my friend's race and the funny thing was that it was easier to know what was going on in Kona town each day by just going back to the hotel and paying the extra 10 bucks to log on to your site to read up on all the happenings.
You did an amazing job and I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to sit poolside at the Sheraton and read up on all the happenings each night.
You have given me the desire to go back to Hawaii again and race. The last time I did the race I said never again but thanks to you I plan to get back into it and make it to Kona again to join the real party.
Thanks for your inspiration!
Talk to you soon.

Tom Hodge

President Recovox
www.recovox.net









---------------------
From: Kelley Brandon
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 9:53 AM
To: mthrower@triathletemag.com
Subject: Greatest Training Songs?

Hey Mitch,
First off I just want to say thanks for the great reports from Hawaii. This is actually my first year of tris and I'm completely addicted. I'm even starting to daydream about one day making it to the big show, IM Hawaii.
I'd love to get a list of your greatest training songs. I do the same thing you do--pick a song for every race that keeps me motivated.

-Kelley

------------------
From: keith borg
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:09 AM
To: mthrower@triathletemag.com
Subject: ipod list

Would love to hear your list for training. I use my ipod regularly and the new nano is even better. You could also put in your playlist at apple or even have monthly playlists there as an idea. Really have enjoyed your blog. Raced in '98 in kona and part of my soul still wanders the lava. Not sure I want it back but it would be nice to reconnect with it occasionally and still leave it there...

Take care,

Keith Borg MD, PhD
Asst. Professor of Emergency Medicine
Emory University


Thanks Again.
-------------------
From: *Thom Klingman (812)
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 6:08 AM
To: mthrower@triathletemag.com
Subject: Hawaii Blog

First, let me say thank you for your time and thoughts about this year's race. It's the first thing I have read when getting to work for the past couple of weeks. It's nice to hear someone else's perspective.

Would you consider keeping up with this site? Just as the new movie "What it Takes" is going to feature a year of training for a handful of pros, I think everyone would enjoy seeing another "age grouper's" perspective of training. I had a cocktail party last night for a friend of mine "Steve Riddle" (9:28 on Saturday), and we all agreed that this blog has been extremely motivating. I'm even considering putting up a blog for my friends and family as Lake Placid approaches. Just a thought.

I would enjoy seeing your list of training songs. As the winter approaches I can hear the hum of my trainer in the basement and know that I'll need some distractions.

Congratulations on a great race.

Thom Klingman
Klingman Williams
Charlotte, NC 28202

------------------
Remember...
Hawaii is waiting for you.
You now have less than a year to train.
-MT

~